Training Room Use Policy
The "Training Room" is located on the ground floor of the Mount Holly Municipal Complex adjacent to the Council Chambers. This room was designed for the use and benefit of City staff, primarily for training purposes. This room has become a popular meeting place for a number of groups and organizations, giving rise to the need to establish user guidelines. The following guidelines have been approved by the City Council:
- Requests for use of the Training Room shall be made by application on a form provided by Amy Miller, Event Coordinator, who can be reached at 704/951-3016. Upon receipt of the application and user fee, the Event Coordinator will determine the availability of the room and if it is available will provide written confirmation of the reservation. The individual signing the application shall be personally responsible for strict adherence to the rules set forth herein, and shall be personally present at the event.
- No more than three (3) reservations for the room may be made by the same group or organization within any ninety (90) day period, and no reservation may be made more then ninety (90) days in advance, except in the case of weddings.
- Fees for Users or Organizations Resident in Mount Holly: A fifty dollar ($50.00) user fee shall be charged for groups exceeding sixteen (16) or more attendees for each reserved date, and this sum shall be paid at the time of making reservations. This fee will apply to meetings of three (3) hours or less. There will be an additional charge of fifty dollars ($50.00) per hour for each hour in excess of three hours. There will be no charge for groups of fifteen (15) or less attendees, but all of the remaining provisions of this policy shall apply to such applicants.
- Fees for Users or Organizations Non-Resident in Mount Holly: A one hundred dollar ($100.00) user fee shall be charged for groups exceeding sixteen (16) or more attendees for each reserved date, and this sum shall be paid at the time of making reservations. This fee will apply to meetings of three (3) hours or less. There will be an additional charge of one hundred dollars ($100.00) per hour for each hour in excess of three hours. There will be a fifty dollar ($50.00) charge for groups of fifteen (15) or less attendees.
- Applicants requesting use of the room for events in which attendees are charged a fee by the applicant (other than a nominal amount for food/beverage cost), shall provide to the Event Coordinator all relevant information regarding their proposed use and attendee fees. Such applications shall be referred to the Facilities Committee for review and approval of such use. The City reserves the right to deny any such application, or to establish any other specific user fees and regulations specific as to such application.
- Occupancy of this room shall not exceed the number established by the fire marshal; chairs and tables will be provided to accommodate the expected number of people as set forth on the application. Under no circumstance shall those using the room relocate chairs or any other furniture from the Council Chambers or any other room in the Citizens Center.
- Applicant will be solely responsible for setting the room up prior to the event without assistance from City
personnel, and will likewise be responsible for returning the tables and chairs to their location following such event.
- Trash receptacles will be provided, and all trash shall be deposited by the applicant into them immediately upon conclusion of the event.
- Applicant shall be financially responsible for any damage done to the room and for any spillage of food or beverage on the carpeting which cannot be vacuumed. No further meetings will be scheduled for such applicant or applicant's organization until the damages have been resolved to the City's satisfaction. The City reserves the right to refuse an application based upon past violations of these user guidelines by the applicant or applicant's organization. The consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in the Training Room.
- There shall be no rental charge for use of the room by governmental agencies and departments, or for the Mount Holly Community Relief Organization or other groups meeting in support thereof. Groups covered by this paragraph shall nevertheless otherwise comply with this policy.