Social Media Center
The City of Mount Holly makes use of a variety of forms of media to communicate to the public in an accurate, timely, and open manner. To that end, the City of Mount Holly utilizes multiple digital social media platforms to connect with the community on a wide array of topics.
These platforms are intended to be a welcoming resource for the community to learn, engage and provide input.
The City's social media pages are updated as needed and may not be regularly monitored for questions or comments. Any communication via this site (whether by a City employee or the general public) may be subject to monitoring and disclosure to third parties as a public record.
The City welcomes participation and feedback from the public on this site. Once posted, the City reserves the right to delete comments that:
- Contain vulgar language
- Are personal attacks of any kind
- Are offensive
- Are prejudiced or hurtful remarks made toward any person or entity, including an ethnic, racial, or religious group
- Are spam
- Include sales/promotion of goods or services, or links to other sites
- Are off-topic
- Advocate illegal activity
- Promote services, products, or political organizations
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks
- Are requests for services
Please note that comments expressed on the City's Facebook page do not reflect the opinions or positions of the City of Mount Holly, its employees, or elected officials.