Winter Storm Information
Update: Sunday, December 9 | 2:00 PM EST
Due to inclement weather and the safety of all concerned the City of Mount Holly will be closed on Monday, December 10, 2018.
This includes the cancellation of the City Council meeting on Monday night. The council meeting business will be on the agenda for the January 14, 2019 City Council meeting.
Garbage and recycling services will be suspended on Monday, December 10, 2018 due to weather and will resume on Tuesday, December 11, 2018. Collection will be a day behind running until Saturday.
We will be posting weather- and safety-related updates on this page during the upcoming winter storm.
- For a life-threatening emergency, hazardous condition, police, fire or medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
- To report a water or sewer outage (24-hour Emergency Line), call (980) 522-0202
- To report fallen trees on City roads call (704) 827-4343. Please do not call this number if a tree has fallen on your personal property. If a tree has fallen, and it is an emergency situation call 9-1-1.
- If you lose electricity, call 1-800-POWER-ON to report a power outage or text OUT to 57801 (standard text and data charges may apply). If you haven't registered yet, text REG to 57801.
FOR NON-EMERGENCY RELATED ISSUES CALL:
- Fire Department: 704-822-2927
- Police Department: 704-827-4343
- Statewide, you can call NC-211 (just dial 211 from any phone) for preparedness information or resources related to the storm.
During certain types of emergencies, local shelters will be set up. This information will be posted on our website as well as our social media channels. Occasionally, these shelters will have separate areas/boarding for cats and dogs.
For important information and updates, stay updated with the following channels of communication: For non-emergency questions or concerns, tyou can call Gaston County at (704) 866-3300.