Search Our Site


Accepting Grant Applications for Community Impact Projects in Mount Holly

The Mount Holly Community Impact Fund is a charitable fund started by the Community Foundation of Gaston County to address identified needs in the Mount Holly Community as determined by a committee of Mount Holly residents....

Continue to page

Can I build a home or other structure in a floodplain?

Prior to any man made activity in the 100 year floodplain, the owner must obtain a Floodplain Development Permit (FDP). Floodplain Development Permits are issued for new construction of homes, accessory buildings and fences, and the...

Continue to page

How do I apply for a position at the Police Department?

The Department requires a City Application and a State Application. Both forms can be obtained on the website or you can obtain a copy at the Police Department....

Continue to page

How do I get sponsored for Basic Law Enforcement Training - BLET?

Anyone interested in seeking a sponsorship to attend BLET must first complete a full application to the Police Department. At a minimum a background investigation will be conducted to ensure the applicant meets the minimum state...

Continue to page

If a citizen wants to hold a special event in town are there any special requirements?

Special Events require a permit. The permit application can be found on the Licenses and Permits section of this website or obtained at the City Offices at 400 East Central Ave., Mount Holly. In addition, any...

Continue to page

Can I propose an amendment or change to the Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Ordinance or City Code?

An amendment to the Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Ordinance and/or City Code, can be initiated by City staff at the direction of City Council.  If the text amendment involves the Zoning and/or Subdivision Ordinance, two public hearings...

Continue to page

How do I file for a variance, special-use permit application or an appeal from decision?

The Zoning Board of Adjustment hears variance requests to waive part or all of a Zoning Ordinance requirement.  Additionally, the Board also hears appeals from a Zoning or Minimum Housing case decision and special-use permit requests. ...

Continue to page

Can the zoning of a certain parcel of property be changed?

The zoning classification for a parcel of property is set by the Mount Holly City Council for the jurisdiction, in which the property lies.  The City Council has the authority to rezone property.  There is a...

Continue to page

Search Results 1-8 of 65

Big Oak Creative

Design and Code by Big Oak Creative
Powered By PageCraftCMS