Search Our Site


What are a Right of Way and an Easement?

A Right of Way is a section of your yard that follows the roadway on which you cannot place any permanent structures. It is use to allow utilities such as water, sewer, telephone and gas to...

Continue to page

Can I build a home or other structure in a floodplain?

Prior to any man made activity in the 100 year floodplain, the owner must obtain a Floodplain Development Permit (FDP). Floodplain Development Permits are issued for new construction of homes, accessory buildings and fences, and the...

Continue to page

How do I report a zoning violation?

Please contact the Zoning department (Brian DuPont at 704-951-3009 or Jonathan Wilson at 704-951-3014) and give the Zoning Official the address and a detailed description of the nature of the violation. Please include details such as...

Continue to page

What is watershed - impervious area?

The City of Mount Holly's city limits and ETJ are either within the Mountain Island Lake or Lake Wylie Watershed. Therefore, even though the City has a Stormwater Permit from the State, Watershed Regulations govern development,...

Continue to page

Where can I locate an accessory structure/fence/pool/garage on my property?

These structures may generally be placed in the side and rear yard, provided they are far enough from the property lines. Accessory structures, such as storage buildings and detached garages, if located behind the rear corner...

Continue to page

Did a property owner get the required permits for construction, which is already underway?

Departmental records can easily be accessed by Zoning Officials to determine if a required permit for an activity underway has been obtained....

Continue to page

Do I need a Zoning Permit?

A permit is needed for any type of construction such as a house, addition, accessory building, fence, etc. The permit will serve as a prerequisite to obtaining a building permit issued by Gaston County....

Continue to page

City Council Work Session Agenda - February 23, 2018

February 26, 20186:30 P.M. CALL TO ORDER BY THE MAYOR INVOCATION SET THE AGENDA CONSENT AGENDA Approval of a Budget Amendment for the Administrative Office Construction Project AGENDA Presentation of the Audit for the year ending...

Continue to page

Search Results 1-8 of 81

Kaleidoscopic, Inc.

Design and Code by Kaleidoscopic, Inc.
Powered By PageCraftCMS